- How “special” would you say your logo is? Is it unique, memorable, and full of personality? Does it look like any generic logo within your industry? Or does it look custom-crafted, with a DNA that makes it only fitting for your specific business?
- The best logos are simple, clean & communicate ideas in a very reductive way. They scale up or down while retaining clarity, as well as being recognizable with just a quick glance. How clean, simple, readable and reductive is your logo?
- How obsessed are you personally with your logo? Have you loved it more and more as you’ve seen it applied to different touch points of your business?
- How accurate is the imagery, colors and style of your logo to your industry? (i.e. if you’re a construction company, does your logo, at first glance, look strong, bold, and industrial?)
- How clear and readable does your logo look in very small applications? If printed as small as a pinky fingernail, could you still clearly make out the shapes and understand what it’s visually communicating?
- Does your logo display a high level of attention to detail? When you see it at a very large scale or interact with it over and over again (like your team members or loyal customers do), are there awkward nuances, or unfinished details? Or does everything feel artfully balanced, with spacings and thicknesses exactly consistent, and no awkward curves or edges?
- Think about your target audience? Be specific in imagining your dream client/customer. Does your logo align with the style, vibe, and color palettes that are popular with your target demographic?
- How unexpected and thoughtful is the design of your logo? Does it stand out a bit within your industry, in a way that tells you your logo designer really understood what sets you apart?
- How readable and clean is your logo when represented in just one color (i.e. all solid black, not grayscale)? If you’ve seen your logo in a black and white publication, screen printed on a shirt, or in white vinyl on a window decal, does it look just as clear, readable, and well-designed as the full-color version?
- Think about what feelings your business needs to communicate to its target demographic. (i.e. a security company might want to convey trustworthiness & strength). According to a Gallup study “70% of decisions about brand preference are based on emotional factors.” Does your logo convey the feelings & emotions needed to make a connection with your target audience?
- When you see your logo next to other logos (I.e. on a sponsor banner at an event, or an affiliate section of a website, or on your building signage next to neighboring businesses), how well does it stand out and capture attention? How eye-catching is it when represented next to a myriad of other design pieces?
- Do others in your organization (leaders, team members, partners) love the logo? If you don’t know, ask them to take this quiz as well.
Is Your Team
INSPIRED BY YOUR BRAND?
Every good logo should be unique, memorable, and an authentic representation of the secret-sauce that makes your business special. It should leave leaders and team members beaming with pride, and buyers reassured about your credibility and greatness. I’ve created this free quiz as a way to help you quickly and accurately identify how your logo ranks. You’ve worked hard to build a reputation of quality and trustworthiness. You’re not mediocre, you’re awesome… so let’s jump right in and see if your logo is too!
Download your Free Logo Quiz!